Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Massive Unrest (Zombies, Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll, Book 1) by Michael Hustleborn

Release date: May 30, 2016
Subgenre: Horror, post-apocalyptic

About Massive Unrest:

 

When the dead no longer rest in peace, nobody rests in peace.
 

Johnny, an American rocker living in Germany, dreams of stardom. Just when it looks like it might happen, people start dying in droves. The problem is they're not staying dead. Johnny and his new friend Lena are sent scurrying to survive, but while Johnny can definitely rock a crowd, he’s no doomsday prepper. When they team up with a modern-day ax-wielding viking, things start looking up, but all is not as it seems.

A zombie plague is spreading across the planet faster than a joint at a rock concert and the madman who released the virus is still out there. To make matters worse, he’s not even close to being done yet.

As everyone scrambles to find a place that’s defensible against massive hordes of undead, one crucial question remains: Who is the bigger threat, the living or the undead?

Excerpt:



"Why the hell did she get up in the first place?" he said between panting breaths. "Did you see her fucking face? She didn't have one!" He threw the meat tenderizer down at her head in frustration and looked at Lena who had taken a step back. "We are so screwed!"
"Come on," she said quietly, coming back up to him. This time she guided him out of the hall, and back to the couch. He let her guide him, and when he sat, he dropped like a brick. He thought he understood what was going on now, but regardless of the facts so far, he simply didn't want to let his mind believe it. And if he was wrong, well, that just made it worse.
"Are you okay?" she asked, sitting down next to him.
"Am I okay?" he asked incredulously, surprised by her sudden calmness. "Well, like I said, you realized we are fucked, right?"
"Yes, you said that, but-"
"No no no! Do you realize how fucked we are? I mean seriously? I can't believe I am about to say this, and that this is actually the better option, but we had sure better hope that we are in a fucking zombie movie!"
"Sorry, what?" she asked, blinking her eyes, and looking as if he had just spoken gibberish.
"How else would you explain this shit? People dying, and then getting back up, and wanting to eat other people?"
"Yeah...okay... but-"
"Zombies," he went on, "and like I said, that is the good option. Because if this ain't zombies, then we are fucked, or at least I am! Because no one is going to believe this shit!"
"Zombies?"
"Yes zombies! The walking dead, Z's, whatever the hell you want to call them, fucking zombies!"
"Okay Johnny," she said, trying to calm him down, "you just went through an extreme situation, and-"
"You mean another extreme situation," he interrupted.
"Yes, another one, but I think you might be jumping to conclusions."
"Well, there is only one way to find out," he said standing up from the couch. "We've got to get out of here and find out what the hell is going on outside. And like I said, I still can't believe that this is the good option, but pray that this is the fucking zombie apocalypse, cause if not, you and I have got a nice cozy cell waiting for us."
"And just for the sake of argument, why would zombies be the better option?"
"Simple, because if it is zombies, at least we might have a chance," he said.
"A chance with zombies?"
"I know it sounds crazy. Believe me I know. But from what we've seen so far, they act like the zombies in the movies, right?"
"I wouldn't know," she said.
"You've never seen a zombie movie?"
"Why would I want to?"


Amazon

Special introductory price of 99 cents until June 15!

About Michael Hustleborn:

As a kid I was bitten by a spider, and unfortunately nothing happened. Who knows, maybe it wasn't radioactive or something, but with that dream shattered I knew I had to come up with another plan. Now I write stories. When I'm not pounding away at the keyboard, I'm usually playing video games, watching movies, or spending time with my wife and three kids.
If you want to learn more, visit www.hustleborn.com where you can also sign up for my mailing list and receive updates as new books are released. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment